Thursday, July 31, 2008

CPS #75 - Rubbernecker stamps

To go along with the Card Positioning Systems blog sketch for this week, the team also got to play with some stamps, courtesy of Rubbernecker stamps. I picked out a few that have an Oriental flare to them.
A couple points of interest are that I "colored" in the image of the woman with Clorox bleach. I stamped them on this orange patterned paper and I embossed that with black. I wanted to give a little emphasis to the women, so I wanted to "take out" color from inside the image. This patterned paper didn't react very well with the bleach, but the closeup shows you that there is a slight difference. I embossed the design so that when I went to use the bleach on this, the image would have "walls" with the raised embossed edge. I didn't want the Clorox to seep outside of my image. I simple put a very small amount of the bleach in a little bowl and used a waterbrush that didn't have any water in the barrel and picked up the bleach with the brush tip. Bleach doesn't have a very long life outside of the covered container, so this needs to be fresh bleach and it is also not good to work with in an enclosed area, so that was why I used a very small amount. Another point of interest is I created my flower border by simple repeatedly stamping this one small flower close together on my paper and then I cut it out in one long piece.
This card uses the same images as my other card but I wanted to stamp the Oriental women on a solid black cardstock that would react to the Clorox a little more intensely. One of the things that is the most fun about working with bleach and paper is that every paper reacts differently to the bleach.
In this closeup, you can see how much color was "taken out" of the black with the bleach.
For sketch #71, the team used another selection of stamps courtesy of Rubbernecker stamps and so I wanted to show that card here too.

Thanks for visiting once again, Linda (aka lbpost)

ORIENTAL card - CPS sketch#75
Materials:
Rubber stamps courtesy of RUBBERNECKER Stamps
Cardstock
Patterned papers – Bright Green and Cotton Candy paper/29th Street Market/My Mind’s Eye
Black stamp pad – Ancient page and Fluid Chalk/Clearsnap
Clear embossing powder – Top Boss/Clearsnap
Clorox
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Golden Terra Cotta


SMALLEST WONDER card - CPS sketch #71
Materials:
Rubber stamps courtesy of RUBBERNECKER
Baroque Background, Smallest Wonder Text and Side Spotted Butterfly
Cardstock - Prism
Stamp pads – Fluid Chalk/Clearsnap
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Watercolor CrayonsClear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®/Tulip
Stickles – Ranger

8 comments:

  1. Oh how totally cool! I love the second with the circular frame!! FUN!!

    I just remembered I can load my RN to my blog today!!! WOOHOO I haven't had time to be blogging these past few days but I will load that on up today! THANKS for the reminder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bleaching looks so so cool! I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some gorgeous cards Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You are insanely talented. Can I be you, just for a bit...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true about the bleach and not knowing how each paper will react. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful card. And i just LOVE your cupcake card in the previous post. Good enough to EAT!!!

    Thanks for peeking at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on that bleach technique and I LOVE your flower border - ingenius!!

    Hope you're having a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Linda! Thanks for sharng!

    ReplyDelete