Friday, July 18, 2008

Got Inspiration?

You might know that I am part of the CPS blog team (Card Positioning Systems) and we work with sketches each week. I can think of designs on my own, but I just LOVE the inspiration that comes from working with a sketch! I decided to step out of my box a little bit and work with the Sketch This blog sketch for this week! Since I seem to "think" in the lines of making cards more then layouts, I used their sketch and created a card. I have sooooo been wanting to cut up this yummy Bo-Bunny Press flower paper so that was my launching point for this card. Yes, GASP, I do cut up entire, brand new pieces of 12" x 12" pieces of paper just for cards and yes, I picked up this piece just so I could "cut out" these flowers and the vine!!! I will even BUY a piece of paper just for cardmaking! Once you have decided that that is OK, then it is pretty easy!

The stitches on this card are rub-on ones from Die Cuts With a View. I love to use my sewing machine on cards and layouts but this was the quick way to add some stitching and it feels a little like cheating!!! You might also notice the "distressed" edges to the dot paper. I am recently in love with the Tonic Paper Distresser. It is a fast and easy way to rough up your cut edges a little bit. It gives a little more intense look then just using sandpaper and it is so easy to use.

It is a little hard to see but I did use Stickles for the middle of one of the flowers and of course, the last little touch to finish my card is the addition of some rhinestones. Since this card just seems like a "girl thing" anyway, it must have some BLING!

Materials: Solid cardstock, Patterned paper – Velvet Floral/Back to Basics and Ella Toile/Shabby Princess/Bo-Bunny Press, Fluid Chalk stamp pad – Clearsnap, Rhinestones – Mark Richards, Inc, Rub-on greeting – Bo-Bunny Press, Rub-on stitching – Die Cuts With a View, Paper Distresser – Tonic, Stickles - Ranger

Glad you visited! Take a moment to say HI!

(Will you cut up a piece of paper just to create a card or to cut out a design?)

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Linda I love the card... The colors are awesome and your work always inspires me to make more cards... Glad you started a blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card...so glad you are blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SOOO HAPPY SOO HAPPY SOO HAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYY!!!!


    I love this card girl! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Linda, awesome card and so glad you joined the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such beautiful cards! I'm so happy that you started a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable Linda and so is your blog---what a fun place to visit!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray linda!!!!! so happy you are BLOGGING!!! wooohooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a total fussy cutter! I too am guilty of buying paper (quite a bit...lol) just for the items I can cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy beautifulness! Love this one, Linda!

    ReplyDelete