Sunday, July 20, 2008

The SUNDAY TIMES - 7.20.08 - Strength

We sang this song today in church, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord". As we were singing it, I could only reflect on how true that is.

I am pretty good about garnering my own strength. I try to eat right, exercise, take vitamins and take advantage of educational situations. I can operate for a time on these things. BUT...life comes at me sometimes with unexpected turn of events and my own strength just doesn't do it anymore. That is where I have found the value of knowing what it means to turn to the Lord for His strength. If we make it a habit to be connected with God, His strength will be there to hold us up when our own strength isn't good or strong enough. I so value His strength in my life.


Isaiah 40:31 in The Message Bible reads: "But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."


Be looking for some new goodies tomorrow!
(that is my grandson running on our beach, by the way)

Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. How true Linda...how true...If it were not for my faith and personal relationship with the Lord I would not have been able to do this four month separation from my DH....is the deployment over YET?????


    That photo of your grandson is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse. And so true. I love it with the photo of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that song is one of my favorites! thanks for sharing the verse as well...the Lord can bring us through anything!

    ReplyDelete