Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CUPCAKE kind of a day!

So did you know Cupcakes were HOT right now????
The kind you would eat and the kind you would create with stamps, die cuts, felt and any other kind you could possibly create.
I already said how much I am enjoying sketches too so I took a sketch from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge Sketch #26. For her challenges you don't have to use cupcakes with the sketch but this gave me a great reason to use this stencil that I had picked up at Michael's some time ago. I like using these stencils to create shapes. The stencil is designed for you to use with paint, but I like to cut paper for the design.

The cupcake pieces are accented with PLAID's Glitter Fabric Dimensional Paint. This is found in the fabric decorating section of craft stores. What I like about this accent is that it gives some sparkle and still allows the papers and colors that are underneath to still show through. It is a little hard to see the actual sparkle involved because of the sun that is shining on my card.

HAVE FUN/SURPRISE card - Materials: Solid cardstock, Patterned paper – Trance and Passion/Frenzy Collection/White Out/We R Memory Keepers, Rub on words - Luxe, Glitter and White Fabric Dimensional paint – PLAID, Big brad – Creative Impressions, Cupcake stencil – Simply Stencil/PLAID, Fluid Chalk stamp pads - Clearsnap

Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)

5 comments:

  1. You know I just ordered some Fancy pants cupcake rub-ons for birthday cards, wish I had checked out your site first. I will in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the stencils , Linda ! & such a groovy cupcake card ! I've always wanted totry some of these Taylored Expressions challenges ! Maybe now i can ! lol with the new AC romance papers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! I just love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - its delicious!
    Linda V.

    ReplyDelete