Sunday, July 27, 2008

The SUNDAY TIMES - 7.27.08 - We Mean So Much to GOD

Am I going through something tough right now?
Not so much.
Have I gone through really tough stuff?
Oh yes and I had to wonder how I was going to survive at times.
Did I ask for these hard times?
Hello! NO!
Did I learn a whole lot and get stronger?
OH YES!

Where do I place my hope and my strength? In verses like this that tell me how much God loves me and how much He wants to walk with me through my day, every day.

A long time ago I learned that memorizing verses like this one can be real sources for strength.

Isaiah 43: 1-4 "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end—Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you...! That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you. (from The Message Bible)
Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linda,

    What a great verse, I don't think I have ever read it in the Message Version! It really puts somethings into perspective...

    I really needed to be reminded of just how precious I am today....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse, Linda! It is a true blessing to be valued this much by God...thank you for sharing this and reminding me! ;-D

    ReplyDelete