Monday, July 21, 2008

Do You Know My Friend, Kim?

Kim Hughes, that is? If you know her, you probably know that she has been designing her own collection of stamps with Cornish Heritage Farms. I can "work" with stamps that are already designed but I just don't think I could "design" stamps so I am in awe!!! All of that to say this: I pulled out some of her cute stamps to create a couple cards to show you today. I mostly love her cute and curly-Q lettering for her word stamps. Both of these cards also combine some Cornish Heritage Farms background stamps because they have a whole lot of great ones. The candle is colored in with Copic Markers and the flame is accented with Tulip Glitter Fabric Dimensional paint.

This next card started out with all white and all yellow cardstock. I wanted to show you how much color you can add on your own with stamps and stamp pads. The vellum paper was white/clear when I started. I colored that with a "direct-to-paper" technique. All that means is that I picked up the stamp pad in my hand and held it by the bottom of the pad. I then applied the pad directly to the paper, rubbing the colored ink into the paper to add color. I used more then one color of pad. I like the Clearsnaps Fluid Chalk stamp pads best for this and I really like the way that these shades blend together. So don't fear if you start to color with one color and it is too intense, you can "quiet" it down with a lighter shade of ink. I also used the ColorBox pigment pads.
This photo shows the piece of white paper that I started with before stamping the bird and the swirl branch. I just added a large enough rubbing of three shades of the ColorBox inks to the paper and then stamped on that spot. I now had custom colored paper.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)

WISH/CANDLE - Materials:
Cardstock
Patterned papers – Secret Garden/Life Is Beautiful/Sassafras Lass (both sides), this paper comes with that scalloped edge that I used across the bottom of my card
Rubber stamps – Cute Curls/Kim Hughes Collection and Victorian Backgrounder/Cornish Heritage Farms
Stamp pads – Colorbox pigment and Fluid Chalk stamp pads/Clearsnap
Ribbon
Tulip Glitter Fabric Dimensional paint
Stickles
Oval Scallop punch – McGill

DARLING BIRDIE - Materials:
Cardstock – Prism
Patterned vellum – Hambly Screen Prints
Rubber stamps – Cute Curls and Scripty Words/Kim Hughes Collection and “NEW” Vintage Ledger Scrapblock/Cornish Heritage Farms
Stamp pads – Colorbox pigment and Fluid Chalk stamp pads/Clearsnap
Tulip Glitter Fabric Dimensional paint
Button – My Mind’s Eye
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Flower - Prima

9 comments:

  1. Linda these are AWESOME!!!! I love that you have a blog now so I can see MORE of what you do! :)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! She's my friend too :) I love what you did with her stamps, these are beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I am loving your blog!! :) these cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh...love those stamps, too! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards and stamps! Great instructions too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!!! Love how you customized the paper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards!
    And Kim's stamps are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that tip...I'll have to get brave and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are wonderful...just like you :)

    ReplyDelete