Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blur

What was that BLUR that just went by by the name of December? One day I was getting out my Christmas decorations and today, which seemed like the next day, I was putting them all away! It is nice to have things cleaned up, but I never like how quickly it all goes. And now, just like that, we are all onto what we need to do next!


I was not going to do any New Years Resolutions because time has told me, I won't keep them or even remember them. Then I got to thinking that I would like to have one goal to work on during the year. I am going to find one Bible verse each month, to concentrate on, to memorize, to take to heart.

My first one for January is from

1 Corinthians 13:13. The Message Bible

(But for right now, until that completeness,

we have three things to do...)


Trust steadily in God,

hope unswervingly,

love extravagantly.

And the best of the three is love.

Maybe as I walk around my world each day I can remember these three things.

*****

And, now for my first crafting goal of this new year. To create a card around the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab. I love all things beach so this photo just makes me happy!
I focused on the wonderful sea blues and whites.

There is a pillow in the picture that has ruffles on it, so my card has an edge of gathered ribbon and I punched stars from an embossed piece of Core'dinations cardstock.

****

And, I just have to share a couple more photos. I took a little driving trip through an area where there are alot of vineyards and I fell in love with the look of how they looked as fall was setting in.


Most of the grape clusters had been picked but I did manage to find a few left.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

BY THE SEA card
MaterialsCardstock – Core Essentials/Core'dinations

Patterned paper – Scenic Route
Star punch
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Ribbon
Machine sewing
Letters – Thickers/American Crafts
Self Adhesive pearls – Queen & Co.

19 comments:

  1. Well you know how much I love your photo's. And I love your card, it makes me happy looking at it too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are beautiful! and i love your take on the tuesday triggers!

    xxbesos
    j.leija

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos and fabulous take on Kazan's Tuesday Trigger! Love your goal for the year and the verse you are starting with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Linda!
    I love your blog:) and your New Years Resolution! Such a great idea to focus on a bible verse of the month.. I hope you continue to share them with us all year long ... very very inspiring!

    And.. my gosh your photos are gorgeous! Wow your a great photographer! Might I ask, what type of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but as they go...yours is a good one.

    Great card. Love the blues.

    I don't put my Christmas decorations away until next weekend. I just need that little extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos and love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card love the look of those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Linda!! Love the beachy feel of it, and all its texture!

    Sigh- one day I want to photograph a vinyard. SO pretty! Love your photos!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "non-resolution", perfect verse to start with! Your card is really fun, filled with beach-inspired goodness; that ruffle on the bottom is a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT card..love the ruffle and your Resolution! Best wishes in 2010..and keep inspiring us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wauw, beautiful card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda! Your card is beautiful! Great take on the challenge! Your photos are so beautiful too. Happy New Year!

    Betsy Veldman
    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda,
    The photos you shared are so pretty. I have never experienced a vineyard in person but it is on my to do list. Love the gathered ribbon on the card!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gasp on your tuesday trigger! Girl I can feel it that yours will be picked! Good luck and gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blue card Linda. And...ADORE your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and all the ruffling and those beautiful stars!
    Those photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card Linda. Love the colors, the sea stars, and the ribbon treatment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Linda! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete