Sunday, January 31, 2010

It is about LOVE

At the first of 2010, I mentioned I really didn't have any resolutions except to pick out one verse from the Bible each month to think on. You can have a verse a day or a special verse for the year, but I thought using an entire month to think on a verse would be a good thing and at the end of the year I would of course have 12 verses that were more special then before. I really like reading the Message Bible, so my verses are from that.
Here is my verse for February and fitting to that month, it has to do with LOVE. It just so happens that I am reading Corinthians right now.
But for right now...
we have three things to do...
Trust steadily in God,
hope unswervingly,
love extravagantly.
And the best of the three is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 (Message Bible)
I have read the verses about what love is and what love isn't for many years but what got me in reading this this time through was that word "extravagantly". Isn't that pictureque? I LOVE a whole lot of people in my life and I try to show love to people I come in contact with because they are very special to God, but somehow doing it "extravagantly" look on a whole new meaning. That is like "chocolate covered with whipped cream" or something like that.
I also believe that these three things are possible when they are done together. I can't love on my own, I need to be steadily trusting God and I need to hope unswervingly. Then I have a strength that is not my own to love extravagantly.
***
And here is a card to share. It was published awhile back in a Paper Crafts Magazine publication.
The invoice stamp is by Art Declassified. That is like one of those stamps you could use on about everything. The Flourish, heart and wings are by Crafty Secrets.
The flourish is accented with Tulip Glitter 3-D Fashion paint. I use that for added glitter because it adds some bling while still letting the underneath design show through plus I don't have glitter that is falling off. The wings are also coated that way and the heart has a coat of Aleene's Paper Glaze for a great, epoxy look.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that card...very cute! It just so happens that I am reading Corinthians right now too. So many great passages in that book. Loving "extravagantly" is a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. want to welcome you to the Nikki Sivils team!!! Lovely to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Nikki Sivils team! A huge congrats to you!

    PS... Beautiful cards! :-)

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your verse choice for February. Good words to think about and I guess I never realized that it said to love extravagantly. That is a really good word and it is like whipped cream with a cherry on top.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that verse Linda! We do a bible verse a week (sometimes longer if mom doesn't change it! LOL) It has been so good for me to really start memorizing verses. Love this one, may have to use it soon.

    Gorgeous card too! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!
    Welcome to the Nikki team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed reading your thoughts on 1 Corin. 13 -- and your card is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Linda. Love the colors and the swirls... great heart element! TFS!

    ReplyDelete