Thursday, January 28, 2010

It is SKETCH time!

I have mentioned this before but I will say it again, sketches just inspire me. This first layout wasn't created with a sketch but the next too were.
What inspired this layout was this adorable photo and a layout that Ali Edwards posted at Two Peas in a Bucket. She used one large photo and I so love that look so I figured it would work good with this cutie. Notice the two tiny photos. I love to use one large photo and then accent with a couple smaller ones to tell more of the story.
Do you know what the totally yummy cardstock on this layout is? NEW Core'dinations, from the new Cosmo Cricket collection. I just sanded it and it is amazing. The layout was created with the Unscripted Sketch #39 for this week. I am so far behind on having a complete album for our youngest grandson so I have been trying to pull out some of those photos and getting them scrapped.
For this layout I used the Ella Friday sketch #2. If I do all six, I be six layouts ahead of where I was before! That works!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
IT IS REALLY DATHAN… layout
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper, sticker label and sticker letters – October Afternoon
Fine black pen
Circle punches for the Mickey head

XOXO layout
Materials:
Cardstock – Vintage/Core’dinations
Shaped Patterned paper, mini sticker letters and Tickets – Jenni Bowlin
Other patterned papers – We R Memory Keepers
Circle template – Coluzzle
Chipboard heart/circle shapes – Maya Road
Mod Podge/Plaid
Calendar date stamp – Technique Tuesday
Versafine black stamp pad
Letter stickers – October Afternoon
Sandpaper

BUDS-COUSINS layout
Materials:
Cardstock – Whitewash and Cosmo Cricket Collection/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Cosmo Cricket
Letters – Thickers
Tiny sticker letters
Sandpaper

11 comments:

  1. Just catching up. Loved all the photos from the CHA. Fascinating stuff.

    Great photos and pages of the grandkids. That first photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooo very cool. love the papers. need to do more w/sketches. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW all the LO's are awesome...Esp. the middle one... That sketch just lent itself to that kind of LO. You did an amazing job with it.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches this week...hope you join us again next week.
    Sarah M
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course all your LO's are wonderful but I have to tell your CHA finds are terrific...thanks for filling us gals that could not be there in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts - I love your techniques! And thanks for playing along on the CARDS blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS layouts! I love them all! :)
    Great take on the sketch at Unscripted! Your layout is PERFECT!!
    Thanks for playing with US!!

    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable layouts Linda! I especially love the title on the first one and the pics on the second! CUte, CuTe, CuTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These layouts are fantastic! I love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Linda - love both of them! Your grandchildren are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete