Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ella Friday Sketches #1

You might have noticed the little square on the side of my blog about the Ella Friday Sketches. The sketch for this last week was just so simple and it had so many possibilities so I took this opportunity to try to get some layouts finished. LOVE inspiration in sketches and I have tons of photos just waiting.
I thought this Jenni Bowlin shaped paper was the perfect place to start. LOVE the contrast with this orange colored Vintage Core'dinations cardstock. That brings out the orange in his new shirt. The sketch called for 4" x 6" photos but I wanted mine a little bigger so I printed them out 5" x 7" and cut them down so they are 4 1/2" wide.

These pieces of chipboard are by Maya Road. I left out one of the shapes and covered these two with We R Memory Keepers patterned papers as well as the strip across the layout. I thought these papers furthered the "blowing kisses" in the photo.

This is a Technique Tuesday stamp. Is this something you could use on about every layout or what??? LOVE that it is so easy to add the correct date.

And, my subtitle is added with these tiny Jenni Bowlin circle letter stickers.


Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

XOXO layout
Materials:
Cardstock – Vintage/Core’dinations
Shaped Patterned paper, mini sticker letters and Tickets – Jenni Bowlin
Other patterned papers – We R Memory Keepers
Circle template – Coluzzle
Chipboard heart/circle shapes – Maya Road
Mod Podge/Plaid
Calendar date stamp – Technique Tuesday
Versafine black stamp pad
Letter stickers – October Afternoon

Sandpaper

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Great layout! Love the JB alpha circle sticker letters above the photo and if I had a cute kid like that I'd be scrapping too! I mean if I had cute pictures of MY own cute kids....you know what I mean! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Adorable photos to start with... and I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me want to get to my scbooking...and this kid is WAY TOO CUTE... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I have this MR chipboard for years - I am so scraplifting this! Beautiful layout.
    And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout! What sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute. Great way to savor the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your grandson is feeling better...cool photos too! Another terrific card!

    ReplyDelete