Monday, January 11, 2010

White accents

Here is my Card Positioning System card for this week. I turned it to one side for my card.
I just love this Vintage Core'dinations cardstock for my card base. It is a great, heather- looking grey.
The image is a stamp from the Oh, Dear! (silhouette set) by Pink Persimmon. I stamped it with white ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I had stamped it on white cardstock. Stamped and embossed like this, it acted like a resist when I added my colors to the white cardstock. First of all, I sprayed it with Memories Mist. This didn't completely cover the paper. Now I rubbed it with a couple shades of pink Fluid Chalk stamp pads.
Now for a little fun with more white accents. My background design is created with a Maya Road plastic snowflake.
I placed it on the table and topped that with my blue Core'dinations cardstock, the front side of the cardstock facing down. I took a stylus and dry embossed around the snowflake. I repeated that until I had a nice display of snowflakes on my background. Now I sanded the embossed outline of the snowflakes on the front side of the cardstock. Because the Core'dinations cardstock has a core, that is exposed when it is sanded.
Last winter we were able to visit Oregon and we took a driving trip up to the top of Mt. Ashland for some spectacular views.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 149 – THANKS card
Materials:
Cardstock – Vintage/Core’dinations and Cryogen Curious Iridescent/CutCardStock.com
Stamp set – Oh Dear, Silhoutte/Pink Persimmon
White stamp pad – Joann’s
White embossing powder
Memories Mist spray
Self Adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Fluid chalk stamp pad - Clearsnap
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Cuttlebug embossing folder
White flowers and rub-on sentiment – Making Memories
Sandpaper

3 comments: