Sunday, June 15, 2014

AAA Challenge #7

Another fun challenge!
 Be sure to check out AAA Cards for the embossing and pink challenge.
 I started out creating a background with Distress Stain, Distress Stamp pads and watercolor paper.  When you spritz these with water, you never know what you are going to get but you can be pretty sure it is going to be wonderful.  
 I next took a doily die cut and instead of cutting it, I used an embossing pad so that the design embossed into my colored paper. Love the look! Those amazing flowers are from Wplus9 Designs, the banner is from My Favorite Things and I embossed that black ink, I love that that makes the black more intense and elegant.  Remember the Blue Moon Scrapbook store has lots of Ranger products and the prize this week at AAA Cards is from that store. 
Now for a few photos...
 This is what we did this week. So much fun and you can see he is pretty happy. It can't possibly be time for summer vacation, can it?
His mom, my daughter made this adorable treat for the class.  Cookie "french fries", red frosting "ketchup" and an adorable hamburger that is really a cupcake with a brownie center and frosting ketchup, mustard and lettuce.  A bunch of work and oh so cute!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome card and what a cute lil guy!!! :) The treat looks yummy too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little grandson! He's just adorable in his graduation gown! Digging your card too, I was wondering how you achieved the cool background embossing. Distress stains are just the BEST!! hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your embossing that wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that embossed doily! Gorgeous background. Super cute photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, your card is just extraordinary with the watercolor pink and embossing! It's good to be back to my desktop for commenting instead of the cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love how you create the backgrounds for your cards - am learning loads of new techniques.

    ReplyDelete