Thursday, June 12, 2014

Less is More!

Why do I have so much trouble with "simple"!? You know, leaving some white space.  I usually want to keep going but for my card, I added a few elements and then walked away.
 I wanted to play along with the Inkspirational CAS challenge and to also use the retro sketch.  Is that die cut word amazing! I just got it from Penny Black. I added color with some Distress Stain, such a fast and easy way to make it match.
 Do you love these flower stamps from Alternew!? I sat down to play with this super cool stamp set and created I don't know how many different combinations with the different layers. (Altenew has a sheet available on their web site for guidelines on used the layers) The only draw back is I did have to cut them out but that only takes a second. I also used the Lil' Inkers stitched layers die. 
 Here is the Inkspirational challenge.
Here is the retro sketch challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. I love. love, LOVE those roses! Beautiful card Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you about the 'challenge' of making clean and simple cards! Adding more is often my temptation, too! Over time, though, the white space does have an appeal and leaving it 'as is' becomes easier. Your card here: lovely flowers, lovely surprise! You've certainly captured clean and simple! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges! ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flower stamps are the BEST!! I did the same as you and sat down to make lots of different colour combos. They give such a wonderful effect and look like you have spent ages painting them in. Brilliant! I've never seen 'surprise' in a die-cut, its fantastic and you coloured it in beautifully to match the flowers. And I hadn't heard of the Inkspirational challenge blog so must have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Great stamps and I love the design and fresh colors. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete