Monday, June 30, 2014

When is Red, White and Blue not patriotic!

I always love the Colour Q combos and this weeks was no exception!
 The red, white and blue color combo was so adorable in the inspiration photo, I loved that it was something other than patriotic although I am a huge fan of pictures of our flag, etc. With the Fourth of July coming up, that is foremost on our minds.  I wanted to use those colors in a non traditional way though. I started out with a watercolor background, pulling out my trusty Distress Stains. When that was dry, I added some white embossing paste with a stencil.  
 I love feathers and one of my favorite sets is from Wplus9 Designs.  I have the stamps and the matching dies so I used both.  I started out coloring a piece of paper with more Distress Stains and then cut the feathers out of that.
Here is the Colour Q combo.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

5 comments:

  1. Just stunningly creative Linda. Its such a lovely fresh take on the patriotic colour theme.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! LOVING the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - you are rocking the paint and background work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fun design Linda. Thank you so much foro joining us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete