Sunday, June 8, 2014

Watercoloring

I have started playing around with watercolor techniques and "I CAN'T STOP"!!! Don't want to either!
 I sat down just to play with the Colour Me Monochromatic challenge.  My entire card base uses watercolor paper. See below for my most recent find that I LOVE! The first thing I did was to emboss the front of the card with a die cut from My Favorite Things.  I just used an embossing pad so that it would emboss and not cut. I sprayed the front with water and started adding some color along the bottom portion of the card front with some Distress Stain in Broken China and Distress Stamp pad in Peacock Feathers.  I kept adding water because I wanted this to move up the card with more color at the bottom. 
 While this ink was puddled because of all of the water, I stamped the flower stamp into the water and ink mixture and started stamping it randomly on the front of the card.  The result is faint images in the same blues. I also splattered some Heidi Swapp gold spray. 
 Next I stamped two flowers using a set of stamps from Altenew.  WOW are these layered flowers fun. On their web site they offer a cheat sheet of how to use the layers and that sure helped. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant. 
 Here is the Colour Me challenge.
Here is my new find in Watercolor paper. I picked mine up at Michaels.  The sheets in this pad are 9 1/2" x 11" so I can cut an entire card from one sheet. This is heavier then the Tim Holtz watercolor paper that I do love but this heavier paper seem to warp less and I like that I can cut the size I want.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Linda, The watercolor is beautiful! Looks like a painting!! Thanks for the ideas! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card ! Love this blue with the touch of gold !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous water coloured background and very pretty little flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is just gorgeous!! the watercoloring is fabulous and the little splashes of gold really bring out the aqua! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful watercolour background! Beautiful details :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at Colour Me...! this week. We sure hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda! I don't want you to quit watercoloring either! I love your work. You are why Online Cards has $25 from my bank account :)

    Love the ghost flower effect. Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete