Monday, June 23, 2014

Gotta Create!

Once again, I find myself creating with a couple online challenge.  The first one is a brand new one to me at the Craft Stamper Magazine.
 This challenge was to play with a technique I really hadn't tried and so this was the time to dive in.  The challenge is called Bleach Blocking. Instead of using actual bleach though, you use water with Distress Inks.  I have used bleach several times and love that look.  I created a background with some Distress Stains and Distress Stamp pads. As I sat at my desk, I glanced at a jar of embossing powder that was in front of me and I wondered what would happen if I spritzed water on the lid and "stamped" that into the red ink.  Just like with using bleach, you have to let the water "work".  I came back to find a look I loved! I also used some black embossing paste and a stencil to add small aaccents.
 How amazing is that leaf branch???? That and the little flower are from Waltzing Mouse.  They have matching dies so I cut them out with those.  
 Here is the Craft Stamper challenge.
 I also wanted to play along with the CAS-ology Celebrate challenge with some Wplus9 Designs and Paper Smooches stamps.  
 This quilt builder set is so fun, I kept with a very simple design and used the red and blue to go along with Fourth of July coming up soon.  I used Liquid Pearls for accents and some red splatters.
Here is the CAS-ology challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and so clever. Love the techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - I love the fun pattern on your celebration card - definitely perfect for the 4th! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love both cards!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally wowed by these, the black leaves against that red BG is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. I love the contrast of the leaf branch against the red. The little flower is perfection. You rocked the bleach blocking technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative and unique use for a lid! I love your inventiveness and the effects look awesome.
    Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beeeautifiul card, loving the way you played with the technique!
    Thank you so much for joining in with the Take it Make it challenge.
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous make and a lovely background, thanks for sharing with us at teh Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on this month's challenge. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice, crisp simple card, great background, thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that background! Thank you for joining the challenge at Craft Stamper!

    ReplyDelete