Friday, June 27, 2014

Bring on the Sun!!

Summer just makes me happy, I think it is mostly that the day is lighter longer!!!
 Anyway, makes for a fun reason to create a sun design on a card and that is also the Addicted to CAS challenge this week.  I started out with watercolor paper and some Distress Stains. I could play with these all day long and every time they turn out different. That neat sentiment is from Technique Tuesday. I have been waiting for a chance to use this set!!!!
 When the inks were dry, I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil for my rays with some white embossing paste.  
This also fits the Simon Says challenge.
 And for a fun project....
 My daughter created a gift for a friend who is moving away and I just had to share.  She started out painting the bottles with chalkboard paint.
 She then used a Chalk Marker to create her design. These are a ltitle more then just chalk.  You can wash it off but it is pretty stable. 
Love the verse she used.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING, Linda! So sunny and delightfully summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique card and so vibrant. Your daughter's bottles are a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The embossing is the perfect touch. Your daughter has a real talent too! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. Your watercolored background is beautiful. Gorgeous design and colors. And your daughter's gift for her friend is really wonderful - unique and creative. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that watercolor on the background of that card. So bright and happy. Your daughter did a fabulous job on the bottles. What a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sun, the background and the sentiment. Gorgeous card with lots of texture and interest.
    So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a vibrant card love, love love the gorgeous colours here. Those bottle are fantastic !
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.
    .
    Marie

    ReplyDelete