Sunday, June 1, 2014

First AAA DT card

Let the fun begin! I was asked recently if I wanted to be a part of the AAA Cards team and since I am over the moon in love with challenges, I knew right away I wanted to play along with the team.  This week is my first card, being part of the team.
 It was so much fun to approach this challenge because of the little bit different angle.  Looking at the inspiration photo, I see a kitty cat, a book or newspaper and some yarn or string.  
 I knew I didn't have anything kitty cat related so that really was my first challenge!!! I did the next best thing and turned to A Day for Daisies shop for a digital image.  I love using digital images because I can print them out as many times as I want and in the sizes that I need.  I colored it with Copic markers.  This adorable image has the cutest little kitties and some yarn or string. The cloud die cuts are from Paper Smooches.  
 I stamped the newspaper image piece, making it into an banner.  A colorful piece of paper tape added some great interest.  Do you love that background!? I created it with a Tim Holtz stencil and some Ranger Distress Stains, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade.  The stencil and the Distress Stains are available at Blue Moon Scrapbooking. Be sure to check out this online store with it's great prices and selection. 
 I also wanted to create a card for the Addicted to CAS Texture challenge.  

 I used only a portion of a stencil and the Ranger Emboss It Dauber - embossing liquid in a dauber bottle.  I then embossed that with white embossing powder.  To add the color, I smashed down a pink Distress Stain onto the paper over the embossed design.  I love the little splatter that comes with the smashed ink.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant.

Can you see the texture and the coloring?  That pretty flower and the leaves are stamps and matching dies from Wplus9 Designs. The center is Distress Glitter in pink. 
This also fits a new-to-me challenge blog, Inkspirational Word Prompt.  
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

13 comments:

  1. Love these two cards ! The little girl is a cutie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is your AAA card -- those little kitties playing with the little girl are adorable! Congrats on the new gig~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cards! I'm familiar with kitty card (love it!) Your second card is innovated. I tried that technique yesterday. All I've got to say is...I need to practice.
    Hugs Sweetie, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card backgrounds, so unusual and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Love the kitty one with the Washi. So glad you on the DT for AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda...congrats on your AAA DT spot! I love your background and fabulous scene with the little girl/kittens! Wonderful design and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful playful scene with little girl and kittens, Linda! The watercolored background is sweet. So glad you are on the AAA Cards DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have created texture here and the sparkle is perfect. Thanks for joining us at a Ink and ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Linda. LOVE the texture card with the embossing and "smashed" inks (not sure how to do that, but sounds like fun!) :) The flower is so pretty with the pink glittery center. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome added texture - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great cards and I love the way you've made the background on the second one.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic texture in the background pattern.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come and join us again next time :o)
    Pia

    ReplyDelete