Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy, Summery colors

From the first time I saw the Fusion inspiration piece, I feel in love with it and knew I wanted to play along.  
 I used one of my favorite new sets of stamps and it is from Alternew.  I simply stamped this one flower over my card base and embossed them with white embossing powder.  These embossed flowers will act as a resist when I add the inks.  
 Once again, I just had to play with a watercolor technique.  Distress Stains and Distress stamp pads applied to watercolor paper and spritzed with water. I don't usually know how this is going to look when finished but it is always a fun adventure. My little vellum tag is a die cut from Reverse Confetti stamped with a Mama Elephant sentiment.  
Here is the Fusion challenge.
And here is a photo...
He is NOT singing loud, he is yawning in the middle of one of their songs! There just have to be fun pieces to a kids performance!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Linda, love the white embossed flowers on that gorgeous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot colours and the cutest little tag - such a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Linda, those embossed flowers look so pretty with that beautiful BG :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yawning huh? Well that card is too bright to think about yawning! Nice work Linda, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Watercolor AMAZEMENT!! Yowza, lovin' it SO, SO SO, MUCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, your watercolor card is fantastic!! Congratulations on the HM Honor from Fusion!! (Loved the photo, too!!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete