Monday, June 23, 2014

Fun Times Two

My card today uses one challenge from two challenge blogs.  Of course, it was fun to play along.
 It represents some firsts for me and since I love to experiment, I was happy. The main focus is lots of white.  I started out using a stencil and some Gesso.  Once I had my card front covered with the Gesso, I sprinkled some Pearl embossing powder on the stenciled design.  I heated the embossing powder now but that did take awhile since the Gesso was wet.  In the inspiration piece, I saw a green butterfly although it just might be gold.  I did have it in mind though that I wanted to use a green butterfly against all of the white.
 I tried to catch a lot of light so you could really see the Pearl embossing powder.  Because I had to heat it for awhile, the embossing powder started bubbling up and I thought that really added to the finished look.  The banner pieces are cut strips of vellum.  The little banner piece and sentiment are from Clearly Besotted.
And for a photo...
From our day at the beach on the First Day of Summer!
And, for a teaser, watch the AAA Cards blog for a fun challenge starting this next Sunday.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I'm just blown away each time I come to visit! Wow oh wow, I do love your style! We haven't had you chiming in at the design blog. Just wondering...are you well versed in blog hops? Do you have any questions about our project? Here to help- Victoria (sending breezy hugs too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fantastic embossed texture ... and the pop of green is perfection ... so very glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background, and I love how you broke the banner into separate pieces! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is just so creative Linda. Love the pure white/gold design and the shimmer in the background effect.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete